At Brink Distribution BMX Bikes are our business. We all have lifestyles that allow for time to bike, board, or skate. We want the same for our employees. We are focused when at work, but do recognize balance for all our employees – and the need for time to play or refuel. We also know all our employees by name. Who they are and what they are about.
Careers With Brink Distribution
Brink Distribution offers a competitive salary, a casual work atmosphere and a chance for you to join a team focused on being an industry leader! We work hard but we also have fun and offer perks like getting your birthday off and an annual product allowance.
What Our Employees Think About Working At Brink Distribution
"I'm proud to support the BMX brands we distro, and stoked to help support bike shops and scenes across Canada." - Isaac
"I like working for a small business that's doing big things" - Pistol
"You don't have to be a fan of Nacho Libre, or I Love You Man to work here, but it helps." - Riley
What does Brink Distribution Do?
Started in 1998, Brink Distribution is a wholesale bicycle distribution company that distributes over 20 brands to retail stores across Canada, carries 5 lines of complete bikes and a full range of BMX parts and accessories.
We are committed to working hard every day to build a strong independent business that grows BMX as a sport by providing a full service business to business experience, stocking a robust offering of BMX products, fostering knowledgeable staff and utilizing leading edge practices.
What does an Inside Sales Representative do?
An Inside Sales Rep...
- Takes initiative to generate new sales through cold calls and lead generation
- Is knowledgeable about the products we carry and provides product and technical advice to customers
- Maintains existing customer relationships
- Takes incoming orders
- Follows up with customers
- Stays aware of current stock and keeps customers informed about new products
- Liaises with the shipping department and other team members to ensure all orders get out 100% error free
Would I be good at this job?
Yes, if you:
- Are excited about BMX and passionate about supporting the success of independent bicycle retailers
- Can successfully close negotiations and create positive outcomes for all parties involved
- Can handle difficult conversations and a fast paced environment
- Can identify and connect with decision makers by establishing rapport and trust, identifying needs and presenting solutions
- Understand bicycles and the bicycle industry
- Have strong problem solving skills
- Like to talk on the phone – seriously, 90% of your work day will be on the phone
What experience/education would I need?
Minimum two years sales experience in BMX, Bicycle or Sporting goods industry.
What do you value as a company?
BMX is an exhilarating sport that drives riders to grow, advance and push the limits of what is possible, we bring that same energy to work every day. As a company we value hard work and focus, personal leadership, enthusiasm, professionalism and leading edge knowledge
What do you offer your employees?
- A chance for you to join a great team
- A competitive salary
- A chance to share in the success of the company through an annual contingent reward program
- Support for your health including a health benefits program, paid sick leave and an Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- A casual work atmosphere
- Fun perks like getting your birthday off and an annual bike part allowance
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org